- The Accor Group's commitment to protecting privacy
- Accor's "7 principles" for protecting its customers' personal data
- Scope of application
- What personal data is collected?
- When is your personal data collected?
- For what purposes?
- Sharing your personal data
- International transfers
- Data security
- Cookies and external links
- Retaining data
- Access and modification
- Questions and contact
Because we consider you an important client, our first priority is to offer you exceptional times and stays throughout the world.
Your complete satisfaction and confidence in ACCOR are absolutely essential to us.
As part of our commitment to meeting your expectations, we have set up a customer privacy protection policy. This Customer Charter describes how ACCOR uses your personal details.
The main rules applicable within the ACCOR group worldwide (ACCOR and its subsidiaries) are founded on 7 principles.
"Personal details" ("PD" hereinafter) means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read our customer privacy protection policy.
This Charter forms part of the general conditions that govern our hotel services. By accepting these general conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Charter.
ACCOR may use your PD for marketing purposes. If the laws in force in certain countries so require, you may be asked to give your prior consent to the collection of information and its intended use.
- Transparency: When collecting and processing your PD, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
- Legitimacy: we will collect and process your PD only for the purposes described in this Charter.
- Relevance and accuracy: we will only collect PD necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to guarantee that the PD we hold is accurate and up-to-date.
- Conservation: we will hold your PD for the period necessary for processing the same as stated in this Charter and in compliance with the provisions of local laws.
- Access, modification, objection: you may access, modify, correct or delete your PD. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly in order not to receive sales and marketing information. The details of the department to contact in this respect are shown below (§12).
- Confidentiality and security: we will ensure reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your PD against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- Sharing and international transfer: we may share your PD within the ACCOR group or with third parties (such as commercial partners and/or service providers) for the purposes set out in the present Charter. We will take appropriate measures to guarantee security when sharing or transferring such data.
For any question regarding the 7 principles of Accor Data Protection, please contact the department whose details appear below (§13).
This Charter applies:
- To all data processing implemented in our subsidiary and managed hotels, i.e. those operating under an ACCOR group brand name (Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, MGallery, Ibis, ibis Style, ibis budget, all seasons, Hotel F1, Formule 1 etc.) This list is regularly updated.
- To all ACCOR booking websites, including www.accorhotels.com but also brand sites ( www.sofitel.com , www.mercure.com , etc.).
Although our customer privacy protection policies cannot be imposed on our franchised hotels, ACCOR will do its utmost to promote the "7 principles" above in order that our franchises comply with applicable laws in relation to your PD.
At various times we will be obliged to ask you for information about you and/or members of your family in your capacity as an ACCOR customer, such as:
- Basic contact details (for example, surname, first name, telephone number, email, etc.)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality, etc.)
- Information regarding your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age, etc.)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and booking purposes)
- Your membership number for ACCOR loyalty programs or other partner programs (for example the airline loyalty program)
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of reading material, sports, cultural interests, etc.)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our establishments.
We do not generally collect information on children under 18, apart from their name, nationality and date of birth, which are supplied to us by an adult. We would be grateful if you could ensure that your children do not send us any PD without your consent (particularly via the Internet). If such a transmission should occur, you can contact us to arrange for this information to be deleted.
We do not deliberately collect sensitive information such as that concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, details of health or sexual orientation.
Moreover, depending on applicable local laws, other information could be considered sensitive, including: your credit card number, your leisure activities, personal activities and hobbies, whether or not you are a smoker, etc. We may be obliged to collect such information in order to meet your requirements or provide you with an appropriate service, for example, a specific diet.
In this case, depending on the laws in force in certain countries, your prior consent may be required in respect of the collection of sensitive information.
PD may be collected by different means, including:
- Booking a room
- Checking-in and paying
- Consumption at the hotel bar or in the restaurant during a stay
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes
Participation in marketing programs or events:
- Signing up for loyalty programs
- Participation in surveys, such as a Guest Satisfaction Survey
- Competitions or online games
- Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email
Transmission of information from third parties:
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS booking systems and others, etc.
- Connection to ACCOR sites (IP address, session cookies)
- Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, etc.)
We collect PD for the purposes of:
- Managing your bookings:
- Room reservations and requests for accommodation
- Establishment and conservation of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards
- Internal management of lists of customers involved in payment incidents or situations involving anti-social behavior
- Managing your stay at the hotel:
- Monitoring your consumption (telephone, bar, pay TV, etc.)
- Controlling room access
- Improving our hotel services, for example:
- Processing your PD in our customer marketing program
- Better understanding of your needs and requirements
- Adapting our products and services to best meet your demands
- Sending you newsletters, promotions and tourist/hotel or service offers, or offers from ACCOR partners, or contacting you by telephone. You may unsubscribe from these newsletters at any time by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of these letters.
- Improving ACCOR services, including:
- Performing surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments
- Managing claims/complaints
- Offering you the benefits of our loyalty program
- Securing and enhancing your use of ACCOR websites, including:
- Improving navigation
- Implementing security and fraud prevention
- Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounts documents)
As we are present in many countries, we endeavor to provide you with the same services throughout the world. Thus, to guarantee you a right of access and amendment (§.13), we have to share your PD with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
- Within the ACCOR group, in order to offer you the best service, we can share your PD and give access to authorized personnel from the group, including:
- Hotel staff
- Booking staff using the Accor booking tools
- IT departments
- Commercial partners and marketing services
- Medical services if applicable
- Legal services if applicable
- Generally, any appropriate person within ACCOR group entities for certain specific categories of PD.
- With service providers and partners: your PD may be transmitted to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example:
- External service providers: IT sub-contractors, international call centers, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers, printers
- Commercial partners
- Local authorities: we may also send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
For the purposes set out in article 7 of the present Charter, we may transfer your PD to internal or external recipients who may be in countries offering different PD privacy levels.
Consequently, in addition to implementation of the present Charter, Accor employs appropriate measures, including contractual clauses, to ensure secure transfer of your PD to an ACCOR entity or an external recipient situated in a country offering a different level of privacy from that proposed in the country in which the PD are collected.
Accor takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your PD against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have set up technical systems (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as user ID/password systems, means of physical protection, etc.).
When you transmit credit card data during a reservation, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology is used to guarantee a secure transaction.
When you visit the Accor Group's websites, some browsing-related information on your device (computer, Smartphone, tablet etc.) is likely to be recorded in files called "cookies" and stored on your device.
a. What are the different types of cookies?
There are several categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to browse some websites and use all of their features (the user's operating system support, display etc.). Without these cookies, features such as the display will not have optimum functionality. Note: these cookies collect purely technical data and do not identify you personally.
- Performance cookies: these cookies help us improve a user's experience by helping us understand how they use our websites (most frequently visited pages, applications used etc.). These cookies do not identify you individually.
- Functionality cookies: in order to make browsing easier, these cookies store certain user preferences (language, username, country etc.).
- Targeting/advertising cookies: these cookies enable a user to receive targeted advertisements based on their interests, but they also limit the number of times that the advertisements appear.
- Affiliate cookies: these cookies enable third parties ("affiliates") that publish marketing campaigns on their websites to be paid on behalf of the "web merchant".
- o Cookies from social networks: these third-party Cookies let you communicate the content of our site to others, as well as your opinion in relation to our site. This is the case with the "Share" and "Like" buttons on "Facebook," "Twitter," "LinkedIn," "Viadeo," etc. Social networks which offer these application buttons can identify you by these buttons, even if you did not click on one of them when you visited our site. Indeed, some Cookies allow the social network concerned to follow your navigation on our site whenever your social network account is activated on your device when at the same time, you are on our site. We have no control over the procedures social networks use to collect information about your navigation on our site. Please read these social networks privacy policies regarding personal data. These should allow you to exercise certain privacy options with these social networks, in particular by adjusting your user accounts for each of these networks.
Emettre des Cookies nous permet d’améliorer la qualité de votre navigation sur les sites Accor S.A. Ce procédé technique permet notamment :
- adapt the layout of our websites to suit your device's display preferences (language, display resolution, operating system used etc.)
- store some of the information that you fill in on our online forms to help us personalize your subsequent visits to our websites
- enable you to access your personal pages more quickly by storing the log-in details or information that you have previously entered
- collect statistics. These relate mainly to the number of times you visit our websites and your use of the different services that we provide (sections and content viewed, links), with the aim of improving their relevance and usability
- put security measures in place (for example asking you to reconnect to a page or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed)
- offer you, through advertisements, personalized content that is likely to be of interest to you (better offers, other destinations etc.).
Important: Advertisements or links to third-party websites may be included on our websites. Your personal details may be collected by third parties when you click on these links. This Charter does not cover visits to third-party websites. The Accor Group cannot be held responsible for the policy of third-parties regarding personal details and the use thereof.
c. How can you manage your cookies (enable, limit, block)?
Configuring your Internet browser (Internet Explorer™, Firefox™, Safari™, Google Chrome™, Opera™etc.) is a free and effective way of managing cookies. You can then decide:
- to enable the use of all cookies integrated in the pages and content that you consult. Note: on the one hand, these cookies will only be readable by their issuers. On the other hand, this process is not definitive, and it will always be possible for you to disable these cookies afterwards, (cookie management will vary depending on your Internet browser; please refer to the relevant instructions)
- to be asked by your browser to either agree or disagree before the installation of a new cookie on your device
- to accept or reject the cookies depending on the issuer
For Internet ExplorerTM : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Block-enable-or-allow-cookies
For ChromeTM : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=95647
For SafariTM: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=en_US
For FirefoxTM : http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
For OpéraTM :http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
"Flash"© cookies in "Adobe Flash Player"™
"Adobe Flash Player"™ is an application which enables the rapid development of dynamic content using "Flash" programming language. Flash (and applications of the same type) stores the settings, preferences and usage of this content using technology similar to cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player"™ manages this information and your preferences through an interface that is different to the one provided by your browser software.
As your device is likely to display content developed using Flash language, we would ask you to access Flash cookie management by consulting the site directly http://www.adobe.com/.
We retain your PD only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Charter or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
You have the right to access your PD as collected by ACCOR and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions.
To this end, you may exercise your rights pertaining to the PD held in a hotel and should contact the hotel directly.
In the event of difficulty relative to exercising your rights, please make direct contact with the PD department for the ACCOR group:
Département Protection des Données Personnelles (Data Privacy)
110 Avenue de France
75210 Paris Cedex 13, France
For the purposes of confidentiality and PD protection, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. You will be asked to include a copy of an official piece of ID such as a driver's license or passport along with your request.
If your PD is inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date, please send the appropriate amendments to the Data Privacy department as indicated above.
All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
We may modify this Charter from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly, particularly when making a booking at one of our hotels.